RSS

1.08.2010

Sole Meuniere


Yesterday I cooked sole meuniere. I was pretty scared to cook this since this was the first time i was cooking it, but after i completed the task, it was simple and amazingly delicious!

Julia Child explains this well:

It arrived whole: a large, flat Dover sole that was perfectly browned in a sputtering butter sauce with a sprinkling of chopped parsley on top. The waiter carefully placed the platter in front of us, stepped back, and said: "Bon appètit!

I closed my eyes and inhaled the rising perfume. Then I lifted a forkful of fish to my mouth, took a bite, and chewed slowly. The flesh of the sole was delicate, with a light but distinct taste of the ocean that blended marvelously with the browned butter. I chewed slowly and swallowed. It was a morsel of perfection."

Anyways, all this recipe needs is: butter, lemon, lemon zest, salt and pepper, flour, and chopped parsely. It's amazing how simple ingredients can create a beautiful blend of flavor and zest!!

2 comments:

  1. show pictures of your bread pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. after i read this, i now want to eat fish. mmm! my stylist is Leticia but i've also had Laura and Daisy before b/c i've done a few walk-ins when i come to town. love the smell of that salon! so rejuvenating! hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete